Journals of The Wastes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journals of The Wastes

Share your encounters and experiences of The Wastes here, for others to read.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Regenard's Camp

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
CrimsonMadcap

Regenard's Camp - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 4:49 am

Regenard collapsed on the bedroll, his wound still not completely closed.
"You can hear it... when I wake... whenever that may be..." he choked, "... but for now... give this... to him..." he pointed outside and lay a knife in the girl's hands. His knife. The one he'd used to kill the Dalet boy seven years prior.
The boy reminded him of himself. The girl reminded him of his sister. He would be efficient with the knife. She would look beautiful with the bow.
He shut his eyes and breathed heavily.
Back to top Go down
CaptainLu

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 5:02 am

Gaia took the knife out to Ohanzee and handed it to him quickly without a word. She did not trust him one bit. She went back into the tent and sat next to "Ghost". She smiled a little and smoothed the hair from his face. "Would you mind if I slept in here with you?" she whispered softly to him "I know that's awkward and a bit strange," she paused and thought for a moment "but, I think you deserve the comfort of someone laying next to you" she smiled sweetly, Gaia's smiled had always been adorable and it was usually the first thing people noticed about her. She glanced at 'Ghost's' wound and felt horrible all over again. This whole thing still remained her fault. She inhaled deeply. "I'm sorry that i'm such a burden, I know I talk a lot"
Back to top Go down
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 5:10 am

Ohanzee looked down at the knife, it was 'Ghost's. He didn't know what he did to deserve it, but he would treasure it. He looked up at the tent, Gaia obviously did not like him, he could tell that. He didn't want to intrude on Gaia's time with Ghost and make her completely hate him. He would thank Ghost for the knife when he got his chance. He still wanted to ask all the questions he had, but he didn't get to so far. He lay down with his back to a rock, if he was to sleep out here, he might as well. He put the knife in his pocket securely and just lay there staring at the fire and rubbing his arms which he could swear felt like ice, it was a cold night.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 5:11 am

Regenard sighed.
"You take the bedroll," he said, sitting up,"I will sleep outside. And while you're at it, shut up. If I ever needed you to stop talking it would be now, when you're blaming yourself."
Regenard stood slowly and covered his face with his working hand.
He looked out the tent flap. He had about four hours to sleep.
Back to top Go down
CaptainLu

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 5:15 am

Gaia frowned, She'd messed up. She stopped him from going outside. "No. You're taking the bedroll. You're weak." She sighed and layed down outside, getting herself comfortable. There was only so much time before she'd lose this beautiful stranger. She had tried too hard. She basically already lost him, she closed her eyes, ready to sleep. She took in a deep breath and started singing softly to herself. "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine..." that had been the song her parents sung her, she wouldn't let the tradition stop now, She continued to hum the song and stared up at the Stars.."please don't take my sunshine away..." She looked at where Ghost was standing, his mask was still not on. She smiled, maybe he would stop being a Ghost to her. She could only hope.

Last edited by CaptainLu on Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 5:19 am

Ohanzee looked over at Gaia, wondering why she wouldn't just listen to Ghost. Her singing was beautiful though, he couldn't deny that. He just wished she wouldn't act the way she did towards him, cold, untrusting, just a general dislike for him. But it was hard for him to find someone that genuinely liked him anymore.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 5:22 am

Regenard sat back down and watched the two drift off.
Once they were both sleeping, he limped back outside and looked around, breathing in the silence. He looked for his mask, and found it torn in several places. He put it over his head, but that it was draped around his neck, not so he was wearing it. He draped one coat over Gaia, and the other over Ohanzee.
He slowly climbed to the top of the tallest rock in the area, wincing with pain every time he used his arm. He stared at the moon, and started to sing softly.

"Speed, bonnie boat, like a bird on the wing, 'onward' the sailors cry..." He began, "... Carry the lad that's born to be king... Over the sea to Skye..."
Back to top Go down
CaptainLu

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 5:49 am

Ghost's singing made Gaia stop her own. His voice was so relaxing...She inhaled deeply. She wanted to scold him for not sleeping, but he had told her to shut up. She understood why though. She could be quite annoying and never really kept many friends because of it. She looked up at Ghost, he continued to keep his mask off. Maybe he was feeling a little bit alive again. She didn't want to say anything, because Ghost was relaxed now that she had actually shut her mouth. She sighed, He had put a coat on her to keep her from freezing to death. She gently tossed it off of her. Ghost would need it. Why was he being so nice? Wasn't she just another burden to him?

Last edited by CaptainLu on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 5:54 am

Ghost's singing woke up Ohanzee, though he didn't open his eyes, he just lay quietly and listened, he could hear Gaia too. But he focused on Ghost's singing. He felt warmer for some reason, he peeked through one eye, he had a coat draped over him now. He assumed Ghost put it there because Gaia didn't like him and another coat was draped over her. He wondered why Ghost was doing all this if he really didn't trust them and if he really believed he didn't need friends or anyone to hold him back.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 12:48 pm

Regenard's voice began to dwindle as he kept singing.
"Loud the winds howl, loud the waves roar... thunderclaps rend the air..." he looked towards where his attackers lay dead, "... baffled our foes... stand by the shore... follow they will not dare..."
He sat on the rock and remained silent for a few minutes.
"But the Bonnie Prince died, didn't he?" he said to himself. He lifted his mask over his face. He wanted to see the red again. He wanted to remember who he was.
Back to top Go down
CaptainLu

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 4:40 pm

Gaia sighed, Ghost put the damn mask back on. She knew she should leave soon, So she sat up and rubbed her eyes. She was sure Ghost wouldn't mind her leaving early. She grabbed her dagger from the ground and walked over to Ghost. "Be good, Don't kill Ohanzee over there." Her smile softened when she looked at him. "You're not dead yet." Gaia reached around and unclasped his mask, gently lifting it up. "I'm leaving now. Hopefully, i'll see you again." Gaia then kissed his cheek, she felt it was the right thing to do. Maybe a bit awkward since she reminded him of his sister. She sighed softly and hugged him before pulling his mask back down. "For your sake, I hope we never meet again" Gaia wanted to find Ghost again, but she knew he'd be happy to have her gone. Shs started to walk to where she'd thrown her mask at the men, with no thought of returning.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 5:28 pm

Regenard hopped off the rock and took his bone knife from his pocket.
He began to etch something into a rock.
"You, stay," he said to Gaia, "But don't look at this until I'm long gone."
He scratched the words "I AM REGENARD GREY" into the stone, then went into his tent. He threw a shirt on, and wrapped his good coat around himself, and put his hat over his head. He tied the small red bow back to the barrel of his rifle and slung it over his shoulder. He gave a small salute to the two and walked off without another word, limping from blood loss.

EXIT REGENARD'S CAMP.
Back to top Go down
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 5:56 pm

Ohanzee watched the man walk, well limp, away sadly. He still had questions and wanted to accompany the man, but he didn't want to annoy the man by following him. He looked at Gaia, then at the direction the man walked off to. He was torn. He reluctantly decided to stay, he didn't want to upset the man. Once the man was gone, he walked over to the stone and looked at it, they finally knew his real name.
Back to top Go down
CaptainLu

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 5:58 pm

Gaia watched Ghost leave. She walked over to the rock and looked at what he carved "I AM REGENARD GREY." So, That was his name. She smiled crookedly. That meant he no longer thought himself dead. That made her happy but she frowned. She was tempted to follow him but she had to respect him. She grabbed her own mask and gathered the rest of her stuff. She waved at Ohanzee and walked away, Not looking back.
EXIT REGENARD'S CAMP
Back to top Go down
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 6:05 pm

Ohanzee watched Gaia leave too. He walked to where he had slept and picked up his bag. He put out the fire to prevent a wildfire and started walking, he didn't know where he would end up this time, but he would remember Regenard and he hoped they would meet again someday.

EXIT REGENARD'S CAMP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regenard's Camp
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Journals of The Wastes :: The Wastes :: The Buffer Fields-
Jump to: