Journals of The Wastes

Share your encounters and experiences of The Wastes here, for others to read.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Large Pine Tree

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:30 am

Izanami immediately drew in a sharp breath and put her hand on his shoulder.
"I-I'm so, so sorry, Regenard. I didn't mean to bring up old feelings... Please, forgive me." She bit her cheek. "If you ever care, I care to know where the ghost has lived, but not until the ghost is comfortable with it." She sighed. "The best you can do is over come the past and make yourself better than it..."
Izanami realized that that could easily be applied to her own life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-wastes.forumotion.com
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:33 am

"Bah," Regenard said, "Don't worry about it. It isn't your fault. And I haven't heard that in a long, long time."
He looked at her again.
"You've got pretty eyes," he said softly. She did. Gorgeous ones, actually. But he couldn't bother with such things. He needed to stay focused.
2 AM, read the moon. He'd need to get moving in an hour.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:39 am

Izanami suddenly began to feel the same things that Ceadda had made her feel. She also felt like a dirty traitor.
"Th-thank you..." she stumbled over her words. Not even Ceadda had been so blunt. She felt her cheeks burn to a light red and she was embarrassed. She loved his eyes, but she didn't know how to return the compliment. She hit her lip.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:43 am

Regenard smiled.
"Don't be so nervous around me, lass," he said, looking into her eyes.
He paused for a moment, staying completely still.
"Do you have a home, my dear?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:48 am

Izanami cleared her throat and looked into his eyes in return, silent and still as if she were frozen in the cold. She finally answered after a long pause. "I do." That's when she remembered Ceadda, and she knew she was completely confused all over again and twice as bad. "B-but I can't go back. Not for a while."
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:49 am

Regenard smiled, and he noticed she was cold. He slowly took his jacket off and draped it over her back.
"There you go. I don't need it, and it suits you better anyways," he said, laughing softly, "And if you don't have a home, we could set up camp here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:53 am

Izanami smiled sweetly as he draped the coat around her, and she gripped it tightly with her porcelain fingers. She instantly felt a bit warmer, but goosebumps began to crop up on her skin.
"Thank you, Regenard." She said warmly. "I appreciate it. And I would love to. I need to get away from home for a bit.."
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:56 am

Regenard smiled and walked over to his pack. He quickly brought out a tarp and tied it between two trees, then threw some brush in a pile and surrounded it with rocks.
"And the Ghost said let there be light," he said, and threw a match into the pit, "And there was." He laughed.
"Now, dear, you get some rest. Probably been awhile since you've had a good night," he said, "You look weary. I can sing you to sleep, if you want."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:59 am

Izanami laughed, even though she was slightly uneasy about how he called himself Ghost. She quickly sat down by the fire and slipped her arms through the sleeves of his coat, leaving her hands free to warm up by the flames.
"I'd much rather enjoy staying up with you, if you don't mind." Izanami turned down the offer to sleep that she so desperately wanted. Sleep had left her mind. "But you may sleep, if you like."
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:02 am

Regenard smiled and sat against one of the two trees that he had tied the tarp to.
"I don't need sleep. I mean, I do. But I'll rest tomorrow. I travel at night, keeps me safer," he said. He chipped away at a stick with his small bone knife.
"So. What do you do for a living?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:04 am

Izanami sighed, feeling at peace for once in her life.
"I'm a witch, a sorceress of sorts. I create potions, then sell and trade them in town. I meet quite a few people and it's nice, but I don't have many friends." She watched the flames dance for a short while, then looked up to him. "What about you? What do you do?"
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:06 am

Regenard's eyes glowed in the fire. It danced through his mind.
"I... drift..." he said slowly, "... just drift. That's... all I've ever known..."
Which wasn't true, though it was all he ever wanted to know. For a moment, he forgot about his war, and he forgot about the need to free the wastes. The fire was lovely, and the flame was reflected from his amber eyes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:09 am

Izanami averted her eyes. "I'm sorry." She immediately said. She just felt like she couldn't say anything right around Regenard. Was that bad?
She yawned slowly and blinked with heavy eye lids. She darted her eyes around; trying to keep herself awake so that she could keep him company.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:12 am

Regenard looked over to her and smiled.
"It's just a wounded man's story is all. You never need to apologize to me," he said, "And by the way, you hide your exhaustion badly." He laughed.
"Sleep, Izanami. I'll be here when you wake, though I'll need to go come morning. I have somewhere I need to be in a week and a half. Here, let me sing you to sleep, dear."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:15 am

Izanami shook her head. "No, I want to stay awake. You fascinate me, Regenard, and I want to know all about you." She sighed and blushed. "That sounded weird, I'm sure, but it's true."
She began to look around. "Where did that bastard throw my pistol off to?" She remembered and began to stand up, searching for it. "That was my father's."
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:17 am

Regenard spotted it laying by the tree. He stood silently and walked over to it, picking it up. He then walked to Izanami and set it in her hand. He stared up into her eyes.
"There's not much to know about me, Izanami. I'm a man with ambitions and hopes for something he'll probably go and get himself killed over. I'm the most normal freak you'll ever find," he whispered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:21 am

Izanami holstered the pistol away, but held his hand softly. She looked into his eyes.
"Regenard, I know I just met you a few minutes ago, but it breaks my heart to see a man like you say these things." She whispered. "I could help you to your dreams and goals. And you're not a freak. I never want to hear you say it again, Regenard. And you're no ghost."
Izanami softly brushed his long hair out of his face.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:25 am

Regenard smiled softly.
"I don't want you caught up in my dreams, Izanami. They're too dangerous. And I certainly do not want someone as lovely as you getting hurt because of me," he said softly, "And for all purposes, I am. Regenard Grey is classified as dead. Cause of death: House fire he started with his own hands. The state doesn't recognize me as even existing."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:29 am

Izanami felt tears stream down her cheeks, and her free hand rested on the side of his face, gently rubbing his cheek.
"I don't care about danger anymore, Regenard. I can't just ignore your dreams and wishes when I owe you big time for what you did for me. I'm in your debt, and I will be forever." She sniffed, then smiled sadly. "You exist to me, though..."
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:34 am

Regenard wiped Izanami's tears as they came.
"Shhh... Everything will be all right... Izanami, I am not your burden to bear. I am my own. I won't drag you down with me. There's a storm coming, dear. And fallen angels will show their long forgotten faces. I'm caught in the middle, and I stand there alone," he said.
He stood alone, save for the young boy who reminded him of himself and the girl he had given his only memory to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:38 am

Izanami shook her head.
"No, Regenard, I owe my life to you. If you hadn't found me, Jurou surely would've raped me and left me to die. Whatever you're taking about with the storm and the angels, you won't stand alone. I'll be with you, I swear." She searched his eyes. For what, she didn't know. "Please, Regenard. I want to help you..."
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:41 am

Regenard sighed heavily and squeezed her hand.
"Alright. You'll know when you see the first star fall from grace what you must do. But this next step, this first step, I must take alone. You can come with me as far as the outskirts of the city, but then you must promise me you'll find somewhere safe to hide. Do you promise?" He whispered.

He was afraid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:44 am

Izanami felt uneasy about Regenard's plan.
"Why must you go alone? What if something happens to you? I can heal you in the blink of an eye..." She could see that there was no use arguing, so she nodded. "I promise, Regenard. My bunker can withstand anything. What are you plotting anyhow?"
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:54 am

Regenard smiled.
"Freedom. Finally freedom," he said, smiling softly. He gently let go of her hand and sat by the fire, poking it with a stick.
"Please, sit. Do you know who Bonnie Prince Charlie is?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:57 am

Izanami smiled softly and sat next to him.
"I don't believe I do." She watched the flames dance. "Should I?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   

Back to top Go down

The Large Pine Tree
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next