Journals of The Wastes

Share your encounters and experiences of The Wastes here, for others to read.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Large Pine Tree

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: The Large Pine Tree   Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:49 pm

This is the only pine tree in the forest. This tree is often a meeting place for many people. The tree has many inscriptions and has been hollowed out slowly by various people. It's the only place that somewhat unites the people of the Wastes. The top of the tree reaches many feet over the rest of the trees, and is the thickest as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-wastes.forumotion.com
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:15 pm

Izanami continued to jog through the forest, dodging the trees and small animals to the best of her ability. As the branches and leaves clawed at her arms and face, she ignored it and pushed through, even as small traces of blood fell to gravity. Finally, she reached the pine tree that everyone knew well. Nearby, she could hear people conversing in a small home she had passed by several times. Izanami knew that it belonged to a pretty young woman, but knew she never had much company. She saw Jurou and smiled sweetly.
"Hey, Jurou," Izanami panted.
"Hello, again, Izanami." Jurou greeted her, arms crossed and a cold expression. He held out the case with twenty water jars in it. As Izanami reached for it, he pulled it away. "Nuh-uh-uuhh." He sang, and a smirk crossed his face. "Where's my half?"

Jurou Reference

Last edited by Izanami on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:23 pm

Izanami stammered and blushed. She was caught. "I-I don't have anything, Jurou." She sighed. "I've been busy lately. Involved, if you will. I've been spending my resources housing people. They're in need! Surely I can pay you double next week. Just please, Jurou. I need a break..."

Jurou laughed and set the case down on the floor, then popped his knuckles. "I'm sorry, Izanami, but rules are rules. I can't break them now. The supplier needs to be paid, and if not with money or possessions, I'm sure you can pay me in another way..." He smirked.

Izanami screamed at the top of her lungs, begging for help, but he soon turned her around, wrapped one arm around her waist and covered her mouth with the other. Jurou cackled and reached to her pistol, tossing it on the ground. A single shot fired off before it lay seven feet away, useless to Izanami now. He reached up her shirt and shushed her. "Everything will be okay," he hummed as Izanami continued to grunt and struggle.
Back to top Go down
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:47 pm

Izanami took a chance and bit down on his finger enough to draw blood. She wanted to puke as she heard the sickening crunch, but she had to take the opportunity. "Help! Help me please!" She screamed at the top of her lungs. "For the love of the gods!" Anger boiled in Jurou, and he threw her into the tree, knocking her head against it. He pressed his body against hers as he pulled out a pistol and dug it into her side. "You're going to be quiet, you little shit, and you're going to let me do what I please to get my payment," he growled to her, and Izanami about broke into tears.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:24 am

ENTER THE LARGE PINE TREE.

Regenard crept along in the forest, scanning the area through his red tinted lenses once again. He felt alive again. He felt like the killer he was.
Then he heard the screams. He silently crawled through the underbrush and looked into a clearing in which there was a pine tree, the only one he'd seen in the forest. Near the tree was a man holding a gun to a woman who had the appearance of a 'witch'.
Regenard smiled to himself and remembered his first goal: Stimulants.
He shot at the man's hand, and the gun flew from his grip. The man spun around to see Regenard standing, barrel pointed right at his face, his lenses giving off a glow in the moonlight.
"Step back, fucker," he said, smiling under his mask.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:27 am

Izanami's eyes widened and she screamed at the sound of the gunshot, assuming that it had been the pistol at her side that had fired. She looked to see a masked stranger cloaked in black, and a glimpse of hope sparkled in her heart. She would live to see another day, and she breathed a sigh of relief.

"Who the fuck are you?!" Jurou cried out, gripping his hand in pain. He had now left Izanami free to go, but she simply stood like a statue.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:28 am

Taking advantage of the wound the man had, Regenard dropped his rifle and walked forward.
"My name..." he said, breathing heavily, "... is Ghost."
He walked up to the man slowly and gripped his throat.
"And these eyes are the last thing you'll see."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:32 am

Izanami swallowed the lump in her throat, and it pained her to do so. Who was this man? Ghost... was that his true name? The muscles in her legs ached, and they wanted to run as far away as possible. This man was about to take Jurou's life. She couldn't just stand by, but Izanami also felt that he deserved it. All she could do was watch in fear.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:33 am

Regenard threw him to the ground and turned to the woman.
"Shall I kill him?" he asked.
He wanted to. It had been ages since he'd taken a life close up. It gave him a rush, murder. It made him feel alive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:35 am

Izanami stood up straight and cleared her throat, glancing to Jurou, then back to Ghost.
"N-No, please don't..." she uttered, and she wasn't sure why. "I rely on him for supplies."
She couldn't let someone die if she had anything to say about it.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:36 am

Regenard kicked the man, then stared at the woman.
"That isn't what I just walked in on. I don't think he'll be giving you any supplies ever again. And if you let me kill him, I can help you get those supplies," he said, smiling underneath his mask.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:45 am

Izanami shook her head.
"No, really." She persisted in defending Jurou, and she wasn't sure why. "I just couldn't pay him in return..."
Izanami sighed. She was in a corner.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:48 am

Regenard kicked him again. This time he cried out in pain.
"And what happens next time you can't pay him and someone isn't around to save you? Are you going to let him shoot you then? You won't have to pay for supplies again," he said, "Trust me."
He lifted his mask and looked in her eyes. His hair fell over his face and he brushed it away. He didn't care if she saw his face, it was already out there.
His amber eyes glinted in the moonlight.
"Trust me," he said softly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:53 am

Izanami bit her lip, unsure of what the right thing to do was. The man had a point -- she was lucky that he had come around and saved her ass. What would happen if she couldn't get another trade?
She looked into the man's eyes when he removed his mask, and she froze a bit. She didn't expect someone that was threatening to kill Jurou to have glistening amber eyes.
Izanami closed her eyes and nodded. "I trust you." She looked at Jurou. "We've had our fun times, Jurou, but your reign is over..."
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:55 am

Regenard bent down next to the man.
"Sorry, but this is for freedom," he whispered.
He snapped the man's neck in a swift motion. He then stood up and stared at the woman softly.
"Your name, ma'am?" he held out his hand to help her up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:57 am

Izanami closed her eyes and covered them with her hands as the man finished up with Jurou. She never wanted to watch her childhood friend die. When she uncovered her eyes, she saw the hand.
"Izanami." She responded softly, partly out of fear. "Is your name really Ghost?"
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:59 am

Regenard smiled softly.
"Don't be afraid of me. I was just trying to help," he said, "Come on, stand up. And no, it isn't."
Regenard wasn't sure if he wanted to tell her his real name. She'd seen his face and his mask, and soon enough both would be plastered everywhere on wanted posters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:03 am

Izanami stood slowly with the man's assistance.
"Thank you for your help." She said quietly. "But why did you?"
She wanted to see his face again, and she wanted to save it in her memory. The only thing she could remember we're his unusual eyes that shone. Izanami had to know his name, or she would never be able to thank him properly.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:04 am

Regenard took his mask off again.
"May as well. You've seen my face already," he said, smiling softly, "And there's no point in hiding from you." He avoided the question of why, as he didn't want her to know he only saved her for supplies.
"Izanami. It's a gorgeous name," he said, staring into her eyes. He brushed some of his long hair from his face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:08 am

Izanami felt her face get hot, and she looked at his face. The sketchbook in her brain soon began copying down every detail of his face. She never forgot one once she got more than a thirty second look at it.
"Why thank you." She looked down, then back. "And I'd like to know... What is your real name?"
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:10 am

Regenard sighed heavily.
"Grey. Regenard Grey. But let's keep that a secret between us, yes? I only show my face to a few special people," he said, laughing softly. He knelt and looked up at her again, still smiling faintly.
"Are you alright, Izanami?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:14 am

Izanami had suddenly forgotten about Ceadda, who she had left at home sleeping and who she had supposedly fallen in love with. And he supposedly felt the same. Now, Regenard was all she could focus on.
"I-I'll be fine, I guess." She sighed. "When he knocked me against the tree, he banged my head up a little bit. But I'll recover."
As Izanami touched it, her hand came back with a small but of blood on it. She cursed under her breath.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:17 am

Regenard stood up and put his hand on her head, moving it away and noticing the blood.
"We need to get that washed. I'll take care of it," he said quietly, "I've been dealing with wounds for seven years after having to take care of myself. I can patch you up. Hold on, alright?"
He walked back to the treeline and fumbled in his pack for a moment, returning with some makeshift bandages and some water. He slowly washed the blood away and bandaged the wound.
"Better, yes?" he smiled at her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:21 am

Izanami held still while he patched her up. She was grateful for him already.
"Yes, thank you." She smiled as she felt better soon. "Seven years, huh? That has to be brutal to be alone for that long." She laughed bitterly under her breath. "Although I already know what that feels like, though longer." Izanami cleared her throat and smiled to him. "But lets not talk about me. I'd like to know about you."
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:25 am

Regenard's eyes clouded with sadness.
"I'd rather not. My past isn't something that brings good memories," he said, visualizing the bow he'd gifted to Gaia.
"Don't take it personally. I just try and stay a Ghost, because no one ever cares where a ghost lived, only where he haunts."
Regenard moved his mask from hand to hand.
He'd be defenseless if she attacked him now. His rifle was feet away in the grass and his pack sat by the tree line. He felt safe, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Large Pine Tree   

Back to top Go down

The Large Pine Tree
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next