Journals of The Wastes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journals of The Wastes

Share your encounters and experiences of The Wastes here, for others to read.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nero577

Nero577

The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus Empty
PostSubject: The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus   The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 7:23 pm

This underground bunker that used to be occupied by the military years back before everything changed, here Sciscitator Saltus decided to stay as it was once the research facility his parents worked in before they "Disappeared" now after his various attempts to re-create lost technology he chooses to go out and begin exploring. Now an empty corridor in which he resides, no one knows where it is located but him, or so it seems.....
Back to top Go down
Nero577

Nero577

PostSubject: Re: The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus   The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 12:47 am

ENTER THE BUNKER
After a long walk. Pain took its toll emotionally and physically. Why couldn't I save that girl and why was I such a fool as to even think I had the guts and skill to fight. I walk into my lab...

"Man a revolution who would have guessed this, sigh I wonder how i can make myself useful" I scuffle around my lab equipment still in pain from the gunshot wound. "Maybe I should patch that up later. Hmmm I could make weapons for someone but i'm still a bit undecided as to who I should join." Walking around I notice a pair of gloves....."Hmmm maybe some shock gloves for that fellow that saved me? After all I owe him my life" I begin to work on the new gloves and a little secret project for 2 full restless days. I begin to hear things up top."Has it begun or am I finally going mad....my how I miss that girl." Hopefully he finds the map I left in his stuff, I may not be much of a fighter but man am I smart and sneaky" I continue to work in silence in hopes that I get this done on time.
Back to top Go down
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus   The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 5:31 pm

OUTSIDE THE BUNKER

Neo had been walking all day. He was tired and cold. Not long ago, he had seen a broadcast on a screen in town while wondering around, it excited him, he would aid all he could to the revolution, he just hoped others didn't kill him solely because he was a Cadet. He tripped over something, landing with a thud. He swore loudly and turned to look at what he tripped over. It looked like a door of some kind, he'd seen these doors on bunkers. He stood and walked closer to it, he could hear faint movement, so he figured he better not barge in. He looked around cautiously and bent down then banged on the door with one hand and grabbed his gun with his other. He didn't figure he would need it, but he wanted it in his hand just in case. He straightened up again, watched the door and waited silently.
Back to top Go down
Nero577

Nero577

PostSubject: Re: The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus   The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:59 pm

I hear a knock. "Oh who in the bloody hell could this be?!" I walk trying to figure which one of the hatches it could have been. "Man I have been gone for far too long I can't even remember where everything is!" My headache has been getting to me obviously and I hear another knock and find the hatch I am looking for. I open it only to be greeted with a built man with a gun. "Sigh here to finish me off are yeh? I'm sorry i killed one of your guys he attacked and killed a woman and well I got shot." Trying to keep a strong stern face I also add, "If not I can see that you are hungry, I'll feed you i'll just need you to make yourself useful." I put out my hand in hopes of him taking the second option.
Back to top Go down
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus   The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 9:26 pm

Neo smiled lightly under his mask.
"I'm not here to kill you, I was traveling and looking for someplace to...uh, stay," he assured the man, "when I stumbled upon here," he said. He needed to earn this man's trust, so he put his gun back in his waistband and smiled, even though the man could not see his smile. He hoped the man would let him into the bunker, he was so cold and he just needed someplace to not have to worry about getting shot every two minutes. He studied the man and noted he looked like a scientist, but he decided to wait and see for sure as to not jump to any conclusions.
Back to top Go down
Nero577

Nero577

PostSubject: Re: The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus   The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 11:48 pm

"Well first thing is first would you mind taking the mask off? I won't say anything if you have a scar or something I just want it for trust issues I have studied way too long to trust a mask. Second your gun is going to break soon and I suggest repairing it. And third your room is down this hallway to the left. Only other room with a light still working." I invited the man down and ran to my study and came back "Here is some water, dehydration is a bitch out there ain't it?" We walked down the hall and I notice how tired and hungry he is. "Would you like a meal?" I was hoping to see his face in order to establish trust, maybe he can become very useful to me.
Back to top Go down
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus   The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 11:59 pm

Neo smiled again, this man was being very kind to him for no reason. He wanted the man to trust him, so he slide his mask off and let it hang around his neck. He figured if this man was harmful, he figured he wasn't, he could just kill him. He accepted the water.
"I would greatly appreciate a meal, yes," he replied. This man as truly being too kind, but Neo was grateful.
Back to top Go down
Nero577

Nero577

PostSubject: Re: The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus   The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:03 am

"Alright I will get you something. In order for you to stay however you have to wear this bracelet around your arm. there are sentries that patrol the place and well I don't want to have blood on my hands." your first task will begin tomorrow so you have roughly 6t hours to rest and you will be put to work" I hand the man the binding brace. "I will be right back with your small meal." I walk out of the room to go prepare a small meal. "I believe I still have some stew of sorts in the kitchen, I should really hurry the glove is still very unstable." I run to the kitchen and hurry to find something. I did not find the stew, only and empty pot my how long has it benn. "Hmmm maybe I ate it all?" I resume to walk around and settle on making him 2 sandwiches with some meat, mayo, and some sauce. I walk back to find him sitting on his bed staring at the contraption. "That thing will keep both myself and you safe. It will send a small shock into your body if you attempt to touch or use a weapon unless I register your weapon. Sorry but I just met you and although I can be nice; you can never be too sure about anyone now a days." I stand there with his food and after a long pause I say, "Well I hope you like it I apparently ate what was already made in the morning i'll make a real meal. What say you?" I stand observing as he stares awkwardly at the meal I made.
Back to top Go down
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus   The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 5:25 pm

Neo looked down at the bracelet a moment and carefully put it on. He was a guest, and he would comply to whatever this man asked, although he was slightly confused. He smiled at the man and walked forward and accepted the sandwiches, holding them in one hand, he held his right hand out to shake the man's hand.
"I don't believe we formally introduced ourselves yet," he said, "my name is Neo. Neo Arminio. And you would be...?" he asked. He remembered what the man said about touching or using a weapon, he didn't figure he would try using a weapon in an underground bunker anyways. He did want to know what this man did down here, but he decided he'd wait to ask until he knew his name atleast.
Back to top Go down
Nero577

Nero577

PostSubject: Re: The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus   The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 3:29 pm

"Well my name is Scisciator Saltus oddly enough my name is in an ancient language known as latin. I am a tinkering scientist who works on thing but now I have a much bigger focus in mind with this new "Revolution" that started recently" I shook his hand and decided to trust the fellow. "Well you have not given me any reason not to trust you so i'll go on right ahead and let you sleep if you need me i'll be in the lab. Right now sleep is not my friend and my real friends are going into battle and I want to prepare to help. I'm sorry that we'll be opposing foes after our forthcoming but the Cadets aren't necessarily my favorite people right now." If you wish to join my side you may stay and I shall help you, If not I'll only keep you long enough to scratch my back after I scratch yours. Sleep well for I shall see you in the morning Neo." I turn the light off and proceed to walk down the hall to my lab. Truly I have never felt so righteous. I just hope my equipment is good enough.
Back to top Go down
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus   The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 4:07 pm

Neo watched as the man left and sat on the bed. He quietly ate his sandwiches then lay down. He was tired, but didn't necessarily want to sleep. He just lay and stared at the ceiling when something dawned on him. He was never so quick to trust someone, he shrugged it off, thinking it was just because this man did not seem much of a threat if any. He slid his mask up onto his face again, it made him feel at ease. He closed his eyes and tried to relax for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Nero577

Nero577

PostSubject: Re: The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus   The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 4:53 pm

I begin to work on my projects but something bugs me. I think that girl I fell for still haunts me. "How could I have been so useless....I couldn't even save one life now I will make my inventions save thousands. I will no longer be useless" I begin to ball in tears as the thoughts keep pouring into my head. I stop working and relax in my chair and let the thoughts take their blows. After half an hour of tears I suddenly just fall asleep I guess 3 days without sleep finally caught up to me. Before I let myself fall I turn my lab equipment off and fall asleep.

Nightmares continue to take their toll and shower me with guilt and despair. Maybe after all this is over I can finally forgive myself...
Back to top Go down
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus   The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 5:01 pm

Neo sat up, it felt like it had been a long time. He looked around his room which was still dark. He sighed and stood up. He was thirsty and he had drank all the water the man had given him. He cautiously walked to his door and looked out into the hall. He didn't know where to go, so he went the direction they came from, the only lead he really had. He came upon a room that looked like a lab. He assumed he had gone the wrong way or too far. He swore under his breath. He saw the man in a chair and he looked to be asleep. He suddenly felt bad for walking around and just went to his room, he didn't want to go somewhere or see something he shouldn't. He sat crisscross on his bed and pulled a book out of his small bag and began reading it. He needed to pass his time somehow and this book interested him greatly.
Back to top Go down
Nero577

Nero577

PostSubject: Re: The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus   The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 5:16 pm

I awaken to find it is almost 10:00 am. "Dear god! I slept too long must get back to.....right I have a guest.." I run to his room and realize he is asleep. "Maybe I shouldn't wake him"I said under my breath. So i went to the small kitchen to prepare a soup but find I only have vegetables and ran out of meat. Ah well hope he likes it. I prepare a nice stew and won't eat alone since I have a guest so I walk into my lab and begin to work. "The gauntlet is almost done Just one last bolt........DONE!! Whew 4 days work." Now i just need a sword to put the other attachment on and the lightning sword will be complete. I put the schematics into the computer so it should be fine but I shall hide the written stuff somewhere." I put the gauntlet on and begin to test it with the sword attachment. "AHH on no no no now I see why i need a sword" Electricity began to shoot out everywhere destroying my glass cylinders and singing the floor. I quickly power it down and walk out of my lab. "Well that was a shocking turn of events." I walk to the kitchen and sit down. I hope the man has awoken so we can eat, I have had enough excitement for one day."
Back to top Go down
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus   The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 5:20 pm

Neo was alarmed by something that sounded like glass breaking. He stood and walked out of his room and down the hall. He saw the man in the kitchen and decided to join him, still keeping his mask on.
"Is everything okay?" he asked. He studied the man and waited for a reply.
Back to top Go down
Nero577

Nero577

PostSubject: Re: The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus   The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 5:23 pm

"Uhm I tried out one of my experiments and well I didn't mean to shock you but I should have realized it needed a key component. shall we eat?" I got up out of my seat not realizing my back was a bit singed and it looked hilarious. I serve us both and I begin to eat. small talk was not my strongest skill but I tried. "So how did you sleep and what were you doing so far out?"
Back to top Go down
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus   The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 5:27 pm

Neo began to eat also.
"Um, I didn't sleep," he admitted, "but I do feel rested," he smiled, "and by 'so far out' do you mean this far into the woods?" he asked. He felt embarrassed that he needed to confirm what the man meant, but he got confused easily with people sometimes, he was never the best with socializing.
Back to top Go down
Nero577

Nero577

PostSubject: Re: The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus   The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 5:30 pm

"Yeah like out here in the forest I live pretty deep in here. Is there something that you had to run a way from? Did you hear of the revolution? Uhm.....are you looking for someone?" I shrugged because obviously my curiousity is getting the better of me and I don't want to overwhelm him with questions.
Back to top Go down
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus   The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 6:32 pm

Neo contemplated whether or not to tell the man what was going on. He decided there wasn't much that could happen at this point and decided to just say it so there'd be no surprise later.
"I'm actually a Cadet and I'm running away," he said then looked Scisctator in the eye and added, "but don't think for a moment that I'm like them."
Back to top Go down
Nero577

Nero577

PostSubject: Re: The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus   The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 8:10 pm

"Ah, good I feared you at first because I managed to kill on of them.....they took my first love from me." I turn to my bowl and notice I just ate it all without really knowing. "Why are you a Cadet but despise them so?" I was not really sure I would even get an answer but I really hope he was by our side. "Also, what is your take on this revolution?" I stood up and served myself some more and brought out two flavored water drinks. "Here, take this its quite good i'm surprised is hasn't gone bad since this hell we live in was created." I sat down listening to all he had to say.
Back to top Go down
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus   The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 9:41 pm

Neo looked at the drink and took a drink of it, he admitted it was pretty good.
"You'd hate them too if they killed your family with the exception of your brother, enslaved you, then gave you the option between your own life and innocent lives at gunpoint," he said bitterly staring down at his bowl. He looked up at the man, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound that harsh. But I'm sure you see why I hate them so much," he apologized, a hint of bitterness still in his voice.
"And my take on the revolution...well, I think it's good. I was planning on helping. I just hope I don't get killed because I'm a Cadet..." he trailed off. Not only that, but what would happen to him if the Cadets found him and tried taking him back or worse, killing him. He shrugged off the thought, he was more skilled than most of the other Cadets, so he shouldn't be worrying so, but he couldn't help it.
Back to top Go down
Nero577

Nero577

PostSubject: Re: The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus   The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 10:10 am

"Well we can change that, I can get a new outfit going. I am part of the revolution and hopefully my contributions save lives and manage to amke a difference somehow." I looked sternly at him. "You seem perfectly capable of handling yourself so no moping around, stop hating yourself for what you didn't do and learn to accept what you can do now. There is always a purpous as to why we are alive." I stood up and slammed the table in excitement. "Hope is all we need! Our skills, passion, and teamwork. If you are willing, come meet me in my lab, if you wish to work alone that is understandable; the key to your bracelet will be sitting on the table if you wish to leave. I'll be waiting." I walked down the hall into my laba and commence to work extremely fast getting the second gauntlet and the 2 other secret projects unde way. "I hope Allastom and Izanami are okay, it has been a while.."
Back to top Go down
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus   The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 2:02 pm

Neo went to the lab and stood in the doorway.
"I don't hate myself, and the last time I ever moped around was several years ago," he argued. He walked into the lab and looked around, he didn't know what the man expected him to do and he seemed rather busy, working on something that fast.
Back to top Go down
Nero577

Nero577

PostSubject: Re: The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus   The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 8:57 pm

"Well first thing is first, do you have a sword?" I continued to work on the glove and made sure it turned into a one size fits most. I laughed because the glove grew huge. "Hahaha look at this thing hahahaha!" I threw it to his hands "Who the hell would fit in this? Like really hahaha." I went back to work on the gun and hear him laugh. I hope this lightened the mood a bit.
Back to top Go down
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus   The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:10 pm

Neo got done laughing at how big the glove was then glanced at the man, slightly confused by his question.
"Um...yeah, I have a sword...why?" he asked. He waited patiently for an answer, he wanted to know what this man needed to know this information for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus   The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The secret home of Sciscitator Saltus
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next