Journals of The Wastes

Share your encounters and experiences of The Wastes here, for others to read.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Regenard's Camp

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
CaptainLu

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:25 am

Gaia sighed, she knew the man didn't want her here. She would leave in the middle of the night. She would leave without a word, without stealing anything and she certainly wouldn't return. She looked at the man. "If i were to force that mask off, Would you hurt me?" she smiled deviously and playfully, This man, or Ghost, as he called himself needed to cheer up. She smiled sweetly at him. "You tell your story first. Mine is not interesting, You'd probably fall asleep as I told it" she teased lightly. "You're never going to consider me a friend, are you, Ghost?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:31 am

Regenard chuckled.
"You wouldn't get close enough to force this mask off. And your eyes shift towards the fields. You're thinking of running. You can go if you want, but you're safer here. I've decided neither of you need to die, but them? Out there? They won't give second thoughts," he said, staring firmly through his mask, "And I want my coat back before I let you go."
He thought about his "story" for a moment.
"I don't have a story. I'm just Ghost. I've never mattered to anyone, why should I start now? And friends? I don't need friends. But you need something to protect you out here at night. I hope you know I'd know if you tried to get away."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:50 am

Ohanzee felt puzzled by Ghost's response.

"But, sir, I'm sure you've mattered to atleast one person at some time..." Ohanzee didn't feel right saying that, it wasn't his place to say it, but this man made him more and more curious everytime he said or did something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:54 am

Regenard turned to the boy.
"That was another time. That was another person. End of story," he said harshly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:58 am

Ohanzee winced at the harshness of his tone and quickly looked down apologetically. He knew he shouldn't have said it, but he was too stupid and curious.

"I-I'm sorry." he apologized, stammering. He hadn't felt this sorry in forever. There was something about this man he respected yet feared, but he couldn't place what it was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:32 am

Regenard composed himself again and glanced back at his rifle. The bloody red bow was blowing in the wind. He walked over and sat on the rock again.
"Apologies aren't worth much to someone like me," he said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:38 am

"From the way you talk," started Ohanzee, "it seems like nothing is worth much to you." He didn't mean for it to seem offensive, but he couldn't help if it was perceived as an offense. He looked straight at 'Ghost' as he said it, not looking away afterwards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:44 am

Regenard smiled to himself and rubbed the barrel of his rifle slowly, his hand coming to rest softly on the red bow ties to it.
"I don't. I only ever cared about one thing, and it was ripped from me a long time ago. But that's a worn man's tale of sorrow, and isn't worth telling. Old me would hate to hear it again," he said, voice growing calmer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:48 am

"But that was old you that would hate hearing it...and you claim to be a different person, and neither of us," Ohanzee motioned to the woman and himself, "are 'old you'. Please, tell it." Ohanzee asked, leaning forward ever so slightly, hoping to hear the tale.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:03 am

Regenard frowned and grabbed the barrel of his gun firmly.
"No. My past is out of the question. I am someone different now. No one ever asked a Ghost who he was before he died, they only cower when he shows his face," he said, starting at the man. "Your story, however, still goes on. You're no Ghost. You have something to carry, and so does this woman."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:11 am

Ohanzee thought for a almost a moment.
"It's true I may not be a ghost, but I am nothing compared to what I once was, back when I was young..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:20 am

Regenard laughed out loud.
"You're still young, boy. You don't know the meaning of age until it's thrust upon you and everything you knew as a child is torn away in a bloody wave of torment. You've got a lot of growing up to do," he said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:24 am

Ohanzee clenched his jaw and stared into the fire, he didn't want to disrespect the man in any way, although he feared he might already have. So, he had nothing more to say on the subject, nor did he want to continue the current path of the conversation. He feared disrespecting this man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:29 am

"Lighten up, child," Regenard said. He turned to the girl.
"Now back to you, lass," he said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainLu

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:03 am

Gaia had spaced out. She stopped paying attention to the two men and started thinking. About how much she missed her moms. About how much she missed being with them and hearing their loving words. She felt herself tear up, soon her tears poured down her cheeks. Ghost got her attention. She looked up at him but didn't say a word. She sniffled, looking weak infront of the two men. She pulled her mask off to wipe her tears. "I don't" her voice cracked "know" she stared at the fire. She didn't care about her scar she didn't care about anything. She wished they'd stop looking at her. She swallowed hard. "I'll pass" she rubbed her arm and bite her lip. She pulled her mask back on, and looked at her hands. She wished someone would hold her's like her parents did so long ago. But that was then and this is now. That didn't stop her from feeling numb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:29 am

"Missing your parents, lass?" Regenard said.
He remembered his parents. How weak his mother was. How pathetic his father was. His hands clenched tighter.
"Parents aren't worth much in the long run, my dear," he said, chuckling slightly, "People can't hold your hand forever. I learned to stop crying at a young age. You'd best learn fast if you're going to live out here."
He reached into his pocket and threw a small cloth at her.
"Use that to wipe your tears. And leave the mask off. We've all got scars."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainLu

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:51 am

Gaia felt instantly angry and threw the rag back at him. She couldn't understand if he was laughing at her pain or not. She took it as he was and threw the rag back at him. "i don't need it" she scowled beneath her mask. She felt like crying even more now. She didn't want to be hateful. She really didn't. Gaia hugged herself tightly and kept her eyes down. She couldn't tell if the man cared or not. She couldn't tell a lot of things about him. She reached her breaking point and choked back a sob, she was embarrassed imediately and ran back into the tent. She pulled the mask off and tossed it aside. She pulled the coat off and grabbed her old clothes quickly, she dressed as fast as she could. She wanted to get out of there. She ran out of the tent, ready to run. When she fell. Gaia screamed in anger. What the hell was wrong with her? She slammed her fist onto the ground, she felt more embarrassed than ever at this point. She was crying, screaming and blushing. "I'm sorry" She repeated over and.over. "i can see why you wouldn't want me to stay. I'm such a fucking child" she sat there and stared numbly at the ground. "I'm sorry." She said again. As if that meant anything. She wanted to pull her mask back on and hide herself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:55 am

Regenard sighed through the mask. He walked back into the tent and grabbed his discarded coat. He walked back outside and draped it over her, setting her knife at her side.
"Yours, I believe," he said, and walked back to the rock without another word.
He couldn't believe how much she looked like his deceased sister. He couldn't get it out of his head.
The heavy wind still blew, and the sound of its howling slowly became the sound of thousands of pained voices. Regenard stabbed at the fire, sitting across from the man, silent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainLu

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:01 am

She didn't want to leave anymore. Something made her want to stay. "Ghost, please forgive me. I know i'm childish sometimes. And I know i'm weak..." Her voice trailed off. "Please erase the memory of my breakdown from your mind." She went back into the tent and came back out in nothing but the coat again. Her clothing was too gross. She looked at Ghost again. "I'm going to put my mask back on," she was holding it in her hands. "Is that alright with you?" She asked, teasing him. The painful thoughts still in the back of her mind. She looked at him curiously. His damn mask needed to come off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:04 am

Regenard smiled softly beneath his mask.
"Keep it off. I want to see your face if I'm to hear your story," he said, the rifle again in his lap.
"My mask, however," he said, "Stays on. I've got no face. It's better I remain a Ghost, as I said before. I don't know how much my face is plastered around the city on wanted posters. I'm not going to risk being recognized. That, and my face doesn't mean anything."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainLu

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:12 am

Gaia crawled closer to him. "But maybe your face matters to me. I don't care if you want to remain a Ghost" that sounded rude. "Well, I mean, I care. But my curiosity is going to kill me." She frowned and pulled her mask off, touching her fingers to the scar. "Ghost?...You said everybody has their scars." She sat close to him, but not so close that he'd kill her. "Do they ever stop hurting?" She looked at the other man and sighed. She felt that Ghost might actually open up to her if the other guy was gone. She looked back up to Ghost. "Does my name matter to you now?" She spoke softly, She'd settled down. Ghost calmed her well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:17 am

Regenard sighed heavily.
"Don't let your curiosity run wild. You'll see things you shouldn't see, and hear what isn't there. As I said before, no one cares who the Ghost was before he died, only how he haunts..." his voice trailed off and became one with the wind. He stared at her scar.
"Scars never go away. They might stop stinging, but they'll never go away. Mine are now completely numb."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainLu

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:26 am

She looked away from him and felt extremely embarrassed. "Please don't stare." Gaia pulled her mask back on, with no plans of taking it back off. "Would you believe me if I said I cared about who the Ghost was before he died?" She frowned. He probably wouldn't believe her, but she could try to convince him. "Ghost?" She looked up at his eyes. "I want to know about you and your scars. I care about the man who died" She hesitated and touched his shoulder, her touch was gentle but she figured he'd hate it, but she kept her hand in place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:29 am

He frowned under his mask and shrugged her hand off his shoulder.
"The Ghost himself no longer cares," he said solemnly, "And take your mask back off. It makes you human. It keeps me from feeling as though I should kill you. Don't bother caring about the Ghosts in your life, lass. They have problems caring back. Ghosts have few emotions."
He poked at the fire again, fighting the wind to keep it alive.
"And another reason you should keep your mask off, lass, is that your face is pretty."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainLu

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:45 am

Gaia raised an eyebrow at him, her cheeks burned a little. "You shouldn't lie" she sighed,she had one night to get close to this man. "Are you really going to send me away in the morning?" She pulled her mask off and tossed it aside. "i honestly don't want to go, but if you want me to leave, I will." Her eyes shined in the light of the fire. "And about you caring about me. I don't want that to happen, I shouldn't matter to you or anyone. So it's good you don't care but that doesn't stop me from caring about you." She looked at him curiously and smile sweetly. "We can be friends some day, I hope"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   

Back to top Go down

Regenard's Camp
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next