Journals of The Wastes

Share your encounters and experiences of The Wastes here, for others to read.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Regenard's Camp

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:37 pm

Regenard spun around to gaze at the girl in his bedroll.
"Damn you... there's another coat in my bag. Touch that and only that. It'll keep you warm," he said. He then turned around again and locked gazes with the man.
"You have to be careful out here. Never know who's going to stab you in the back. You're lucky to be alive. Both of you are," he said, motioning to the girl in the tent,"You're lucky you remind me of myself, and she's damn lucky she looks like someone I used to know."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:41 pm

Ohanzee snickered lightly at the woman's behavior then returned focus to the man. If he lost focus on anything, it was game over.

"So, if you're implying we have no trust in each other, than how about we build some trust. I wouldn't harm someone if I have no reason to." Ohanzee needed to gain this man's trust, he hadn't built many alliances with anyone since he left home. He never trusted anyone normally, but he wanted to prove to this man he could trust him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainLu

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:52 pm

Gaia tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. She'd pissed him off and felt bad about it. She got into his bag and pulled out the coat, underneath it was a picture of him with a young girl. She quickly closed the bag, If she snooped any more, he'd slit her throat. She pulled the coat on and buttoned it shut. She wasn't completely exposed now, but she still felt naked. She knew the man wanted to kill her, but something stopped him. She was going to find out. She knew if she acted playful, he'd think her a fool. But if she was a bitch, he wouldn't like her. Well, he already didn't like her, so it didn't matter. "Que sera sera" she said softly to herself, patiently waiting for the man to come back inside. She slowly slumped over, starting to fall asleep. She sighed and sat up. The men outside were starting to bore her. She wondered something she hadn't wondered before. "Sir, I have a question!" She poked her head outside the tent, she was on her knees and looked up at the man, the coat was open a bit at the top, showing her clevage. "When you get inside, will you answer it? Along with a few others.." Gaia tried to cover herself a bit more and blushed softly. God dammit why was she blushing so much. "You should pull your mask off, too" she said softly before crawling back into the tent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:57 pm

Regenard first stared at the man, then at the girl. He turned to face her, his coat still blowing in the heavy wind.
"You. Get in the tent. My mask stays on, period. I'll deal with you once he's out of the way," he said, pointing at the man.
He turned to the man again.
"I don't need trust. Why do you care so much? I don't want to kill you, and I'm pretty sure you don't want to try and kill me. Can I not just be content in this flame, choking out my daily existence? Can't I leave people behind?" he said, almost yelling at the end.
The voices in his head became louder. They were still inaudible, but he could hardly hear the wind anymore over the echoes of his own mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:02 pm

Ohanzee frowned, there was obviously something troubling the man and Ohanzee could tell, he wasn't an idiot. He cautiously began forward, very slowly, not caring if the man shot him anymore. If something was wrong with the man, he wanted to help. Or even if the man just had any type of problem with anything, he still wanted to help.

"But sometimes people can make everything much better... ya know, like, friends..." he tried.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainLu

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:07 pm

Gaia had so many questions, she counted them off in her mind and went over them to make sure those were the ones she wanted to ask. She started wondering what the man looked like. Maybe she could forcefully pull the mask off. Maybe he had a scar like she did! She sighed and felt herself getting bored. "Leave already, god dammit!" she muttered to herself. The man outside wouldn't let up. But then again, neither would she, So she sighed. It would be awhile before the man actually said anything to her. She was kind of afraid. He could easily hurt her. She heard a voice again, but this time it was accompanied by a few others. She pouted. Nothing was going her way right now, and being a girl, that frustrated her. she flopped back on the man's bed roll, and felt herself slowly, finally drifting off into a light sleep, which didn't last long. She sat up quickly and sighed, rubbing her eyes. Something was keeping her awake, But what?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:38 pm

Regenard stared at the man, and composed himself. He didn't need to show weakness. He wasn't weak.
"I don't need friends. I never needed friends, and I never will," he said, lowering his rifle, "You'd best get some shelter, boy. It's growing late. I'd really recommend you head back to the city."
He turned back to the girl to see her attempting to sleep in his bedroll.
"Good luck with that, lass. I hardly slept for my first month out here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:42 pm

Ohanzee didn't want to leave yet, too much about this man interested him. But he knew where he would go for shelter when the time came. He began to think he may be annoying the man, but still. He was now successfully closer to the man,, but not too close to make it awkward. He had released his grip on his knife already, he was trying to win the man's trust, after all.

"Well, maybe you don't need friends....but do you want them?" He asked the man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:57 pm

Regenard laughed through his mask.
"No," he said, "I don't. Friends hold me back. I just want to live my life alone. It was forced upon me, now I've grown to be fine with it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:59 pm

Ohanzee frowned, "But surely you've wanted friends at one point or another," he insisted, he really wanted to become this man's friend, he was very interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainLu

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:03 pm

Gaia was surprised that the man didn't yell at her. "D-Do you want me to move?". She felt embarrassed because she hadn't really meant to fall asleep. But she was comfortable and didn't want to move. The man outside was starting to annoy her. He just wouldn't leave! Granted, she wouldn't either but she felt that he was trying to hard. She bit her lip and ran a hand through her hair, before laying back again. The man who's tent she was in's voice was really soothing. She curled up, getting her self comfortable and looked him up and down. She sat up and sighed "If I left now, Would you be happy?" she looked up at him, her eyes filled with wonder
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:05 pm

Regenard glared at the man through his mask.
"That was a long time ago, when I was much younger, and when other people made a difference. Now they're just targets and dead weight," he said, his voice sounding annoyed, "You had best go, boy. It's getting late. The Agents hunt at night."
Regenard slipped his knife into his coat pocket and bent down again to tighten the bow tied to this rifle. He looked back up at the man, then towards the setting sun in the distance, then towards the girl in his tent.
"You stay there. I've got things to discuss with you. Stay in that bedroll too. You'll catch a bloody cold if you leave it," he said, still sounding annoyed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:16 pm

Ohanzee picked up that the man was annoyed and felt he should leave before the man slaughtered him.
"I...uh...okay, I'll just leave you alone..." Ohanzee said. He wanted to add 'for now' but didn't think it would be appropriate. Without waiting for a response, he slipped off into the darkness but didn't stray too far, just far enough. He climbed up a massive tree all the way to the very top, he was good at climbing trees, he used to do it all the time. He leaned against the tree, stretched out on a huge branch. He shivered lightly then rolled his eyes at himself. He felt like a wimp, he's survived colder. He watched as the sun set and kept an eye on the ground.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainLu

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:21 pm

Gaia was surprised that he wanted HER to stay. She felt her cheeks turn red. "O-Okay." she sat still. "Could you guys hurry up? I'm getting bored." she bit her lip and faked a smile. Gaia sighed to herself, Why was the man being so nice to her? She wanted to know. "Will you answer the questions I have for you?" she sat up and sat at the opening of the Tent, poking the man's leg. She was bored and didn't feel like sitting still. Gaia wondered how the man would react but she didn't stay there for long, she knew she would annoy him so she just layed back down, waiting for what was happening to play out. She started playing with her hair, braiding it up into a small braid. She wasn't amused yet. "When you come back in, Will you bring my dagger?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:24 pm

Regenard sighed beneath his mask.
"I see you up there," he said, "Just come down. I'll start a fire. You're only allowed here until the sun rises. You, nor the girl will make it on your own out there. Not at night. And you," he turned to the girl, "Grab some clothes from the small box in the back. I'm sorry if they're bloody. You had questions, and you wanted them answered. Get out here when you're done."
He knelt down and sat his rifle on the ground slowly, drawing his dagger. He took a match from his pocket and some lighter fluid from near a rock and set the small pile of wood he used as a fire pit ablaze.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:29 pm

Ohanzee sighed and began climbing down, once he got on the ground he turned to the man.
"You know, I can survive on my own," he stated, "besides, you're the one that wanted me to go away...." he wasn't happy. The man told him to leave then told him to come back right after he got comfortable in the tree. Although getting to come back did make him happier than he normally would have been.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainLu

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:35 pm

Gaia frowned. She wanted HER answers. She felt jealous that the other boy would get them too. She didn't feel like getting dressed so she crawled out of the tent. The coat covered her enough and she was sure the men weren't interested in her. She sighed and sat by the fire. "Are we all going to share the bed roll?" she paused..." I don't think that's fair to you, considering I'm an intruder" she swallowed hard. "I'm sorry about that...Please forgive me" she knew the man didn't like her, and she knew she was a burden to him, but she certainly didn't want to be rude.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:39 pm

Regenard chuckled slightly, watching the man.
"It's no use saying you'll leave when you hide three meters away. It's dark, not pitch black. May as well keep you warm if you're just going to hide," he said, sitting down on a rock, "And girl, you take it. You'll freeze. I don't need sleep."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:42 pm

Ohanzee crossed his arms in a pouty manner and looked at the tree he was in.
"It was more than three meters..." he pouted. This was the first time he had pouted in ages. He didn't know why, having people around just made him feel more alive and made him feel more emotions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:46 pm

Regenard motioned to a spot across the fire from him.
"Sit, both of you. I'm sure you've got questions. May as well answer them," he said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainLu

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:48 pm

Gaia giggled a little, feeling happy that the man had offered her something. She sighed and looked over him. "I want to know your name...You can whisper it in my ear if you don't want him to know" she glanced at the boy and then looked back at the man. "At least give me something to call you..." she felt uncomfortable and rubbed her arm. She sounded so stupid. Gaia stood up and started to walk back into the tent once more. She felt sick, she wanted to lay down but she just wasn't tired and her curiosity was going to keep her up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:15 am

"Stay," Regenard said and looked at the girl, "I want to know more about you as well."
He picked up her knife and eyed it again, then eyed the man. "And you... just call me ghost. Both of you. I gave up my name a long time ago."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RainbowMustaches

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:19 am

Ohanzee quietly sat, making note of what the man wanted them to call him. He was curious, but he thought the woman should get to ask questions first, as he was raised to respect women. And maybe he would find out some things about her too...atleast he hoped he would.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainLu

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:26 am

Gaia hesitantly sat down, making sure to keep her distance. She still wasn't comfortable. "You said my name didn't matter to you, so why would my story?" she knew that was a bitchy thing to say, because the man was finally opening up a bit, but she felt it proper. She sighed and looked over the other boy and frowned. "I really shouldn't stay here. It's obvious we're making you unhappy," she noted "and besides, i don't feel comfortable stealing your bedroll" God. She was being a bitch. She sighed and shook her head. "You both will have to forgive me, I'm not feeling well." she rubbed her arm uncomfortably. "I'm really messing this "friendship" thing up." she laughed humorlessly and looked back at "Ghost". "Will you please take your mask off?" she felt nervous about asking him but it bothered her, even though she was dead bent on keeping her own mask on
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrimsonMadcap

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:07 am

Regenard sighed under his mask.
"You remind me too much of someone. It's what's keeping you alive right now, girl," he said staring at her, "And I will not be taking my mask off. It's what keeps me alive. Without the mask, I'm just another face. But through these red eyes I've seen the last moments of hundreds. With these red eyes I've existed, and I will continue to exist with these red eyes. You're not stealing my bedroll, either. I'm giving it. I don't need sleep. I've always got my own head to keep myself company."
He looked from his position on the top of a hill over the desolate fields below. He then shifted his gaze to the moon, shrouded by clouds. He was going to have to deal with these people eventually, one way or another.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   

Back to top Go down

Regenard's Camp
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next