Journals of The Wastes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journals of The Wastes

Share your encounters and experiences of The Wastes here, for others to read.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Regenard's Camp

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
CrimsonMadcap

Regenard's Camp Empty
PostSubject: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 12:42 am

In the Southern Buffer Fields, nearer to the Dead Lands than those with half a mind would care to tread, is a small, camouflaged tent with a pile of firewood outside. In the tent is an old sniper rifle with a dirty, bloodstained red bow tied around the barrel, which rests next to a green pack, slightly torn and obviously aged, both of which belong to the man Regenard Grey. This shelter was built to be as temporary as all of his other homes, though he has stayed in this one for longer than the others, as few dared to come near, leaving him to his mind.

Last edited by CrimsonMadcap on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

Regenard's Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 12:53 am

Regenard returned to his tent, the bloodied carcass of a deer draped over his shoulder, his knife strapped tightly to his leg, and his rifle hooked over his opposite shoulder. He had been hunting for more Agents, but found only a Dalet patrol, which he quickly scattered and dispatched many of. He had found and killed the deer for food, as he hadn't eaten in two days. One of the visors on his gas mask had been stained with blood when he killed the animal with his knife, and he'd need to waste some of his water reserve to clean it. But sight to Grey was more important than water, which he could easily obtain more of.

He set the animal down and started a fire, expending one of the few matches he had left. The reached high, making it obvious that there was someone camped in the area. Regenard had faith, however, that no traveler would even come this far to be able to see him. The border between the Buffer Fields and the Dead Lands was a comfortable place to camp, as it left him to his solitude, though some nights he'd hear a sharp howling sound that haunted his thoughts, though he'd blow it off come morning and pick up his rifle for another day's work.

He cooked the animal and began to eat heartily, sprinkling the rest with salt he'd stolen from a caravan days prior and locking it in a box, which he kept buried near his tent.
Once he had eaten, he set his rifle next to him and put his knife back in his pack, and lay in his tent, listening to the wind while he tried to drift off to sleep.
Back to top Go down
CaptainLu

Regenard's Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 1:12 am

Gaia was hungry, she could smell the deer cooking and she saw the camp. "Who would be crazy enough to camp out that far..?" she thought to herself. She didn't mean to speak out loud but it didn't matter because the camp wasn't close enough, no one could hear her. She was hungry, Her house had been burned down. So she needed to learn to get comfortable with sleeping in trees and stealing. Her clothing was torn in certain areas, she had bruises and cuts in various places on her exposed arms and legs, She expected the man to have clothing that she could take off of his hands. She moved closer to the camp, her dagger in her hand. She came close to the tent and peaked in, she saw the man half asleep. She didn't know whether to move back or keep going. she didn't want to hurt him. But she was sure he'd hurt her at this point because it was obvious that she planned on stealing. She moved forward and jumped on the him, holding the dagger to his throat. She looked over the man's face and looked at him curiously. She pressed the knife down harder. "I'm sorry" she said in a voice just above a whisper, not sure if she meant it or not. "I need food and i have nothing to trade, Please, forgive me" at this point she didn't care what could happen, she knew the man could kill her, she wasn't afraid though. She cautiously pulled her gas mask off of her face, letting it hang from her neck. "Tell me your name" she said softly, keeping the blade in place. She looked over the man's face, studying him. Maybe he wouldn't kill her.
Back to top Go down
RainbowMustaches

Regenard's Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:47 pm

ENTER REGENARD'S CAMP

Ohanzee slowly trudged tiredly across the ground. He was getting ready to stop and sleep in a tree when he saw a tent about 300 yards away. He slowed his pace, quieting his footsteps. Each footfall took extreme effort, seeing as he was more tired than a jackrabbit running through a desert on a summer's Saturday afternoon. As he got closer, he could make out two figures, one on top of the other. "Ew, I hope I didn't walk in on....something I shouldn't have..." he thought to himself. HE continued walking anyways, he was too curious at this point. As he got closer, he could tell they were fully clothed. "Oh thank goodness," he sighed quietly. But he could see that one had a blade to the other's throat. A woman holding a blade to a man's throat. He was too close to make any noise at this point, but despite his better judgment, he quietly asked "What the hell...?" and automatically regretted it, clapping his hand over his mouth.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

Regenard's Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 3:26 pm

Regenard stared into the exposed eyes of the intruder. He smiled beneath his mask and slipped his bone knife from the sleeve of his jacket and pressed it to her heart.
"Off," he said. The woman jumped back. Regenard stood up and brushed off his coat, and picked up his hat, putting it on over his head.
"Your name, lass," he said. They stared at each other for a moment, before Regenard caught sight of the location of the second voice. He flipped his rifle from the ground and pushed the woman out of the way and jumped into a crouching position, rifle barrel pointed at the figure outside.
Back to top Go down
CaptainLu

Regenard's Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 4:14 pm

The man had scared Gaia, she felt her heart stop when he pressed the knife to her heart, but at the same time, she was strangely calm. She jumped back quickly and bit her lip, contemplating telling him her name or not. She was curious as to what he looked like beneath his mask. "Nevermind that" She said softly. He would kill her. She knew it now. She started to say her name and who she was, but he pushed her aside! "What the hell!?" She was enraged. How could he push her? That's when she turned and say the figure. "God dammit" she muttered softly. She sat their on her knees looking at the man curiously. She was really tired and his bed roll looked rather comfortable. She crawled over to his bed roll and sat criss-cross on it and giggled. She was in a playful mood. The goal of stealing from the man was the last thing on her mind. She waited to see who the figure was as she soon found her curiosity getting the better of her as she started to dig through the man's things.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

Regenard's Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 4:29 pm

Regenard didn't turn, his eyes focused on the figure in the distance.
"Touch anything and you die too," he said, just loudly enough so the girl could hear him. He shot one bolt at the feet of the figure in the distance, just enough to scare him. He didn't want to kill anyone tonight. He had what he needed at the moment, and wasting bullets was not in his intention. He crouched behind his tent flap, hiding from the man outside.
"Now you," he said, "Give me three good reasons why I shouldn't end you right now."
Back to top Go down
RainbowMustaches

Regenard's Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 4:39 pm

Ohanzee stared at the man who was now crouching and pointing a rife at him. He normally wouldn't care if he got shot, but he didn't have the supplies to fix the wound right now. He had a few options, he could run away, try talking, or walk closer. Although, he was almost sure that if he moved he would get shot. "I should have been quiet..." he thought to himself. He lamely cleared his throat and gulped, feeling choked by pressure and tension.

When the man shot at his feet, Ohanzee jumped back a bit, he did not need to risk getting injured. The man asked for three reasons, but Ohanzee's brain wouldn't work.

"Please don't shoot, sir. I didn't mean any harm," he plead, he felt pathetic, but he always knew to show respect if you didn't want to get shot and killed. He was nervous, the man's decision could mean life or death to him. All the while, he didn't remove his eyes off the man's general position behind the tent.
Back to top Go down
CaptainLu

Regenard's Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 4:41 pm

She stopped and dropped his stuff. "W-Well, for one...I haven't learned your name and you still don't know mine" she licked her lips, contemplating what to say next. "I'm really sorry..." her voice trailed off "I'm just really hungry and in need of supplies" she felt tears welling up in her eyes. She didn't want to beg. That wasn't her style. "The s-second reason is....I could be helpful to you" She rubbed her arm awkwardly. He wouldn't want or NEED her help and it was obvious he didn't need it. She shivered, the playful mood was gone. "My name is Gaia" she said in a voice barely above a whisper. "And yours?" She reached for the dagger at her feet.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

Regenard's Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 4:46 pm

Regenard smiled beneath his mask and threw his small knife at the one by her feet, knocking it away.
"My name is nothing, and yours never really mattered to me," he said, "I don't need anyone. I haven't for a long time. But it doesn't look like you'll be going anywhere, seeing as that man out there obviously has some kind of weapon if he's made it this far. I wouldn't recommend staying here, though. The voices will become overbearing to one so mentally weak."
He turned to view the man in the distance again.
"I'll take care of him, then you can go. I'll give you two day's rations. You're lucky," he said, staring at the girl through his red tinted mask, "You remind me of my sister."
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

Regenard's Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 4:53 pm

"And you!" he yelled to the man outside, "What on earth are you doing out here? You obviously don't belong to any of those blasted sects running around and shooting each other up! Get out!"
Back to top Go down
RainbowMustaches

Regenard's Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 4:57 pm

Ohanzee slightly smiled, relieved the man wasn't going to kill him as far as he believed.

"With all due respect," Ohanzee yelled back, "I have traveled through here many times before and I think I know what I'm doing!"
Back to top Go down
CaptainLu

Regenard's Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 4:58 pm

Gaia felt slightly hurt. She wanted to help him. She wanted to know his name, too. "Mister...." she started but bit her lip to stop herself. She suddenly wanted to know more about the man. She wasn't going to leave. She shivered. "I'm freezing' she said softly, knowing he man wouldn't care. She wanted him to take his mask off, too. There were so many things about him that made her curious. She pressed her lips into a tight line and stayed in place. She wanted her dagger, but he had kept her from grabbing it. "You know, I won't hurt you...I just want to get my blade.. And then maybe I will leave you alone" she said with a slight smirk. Gaia was lying through her teeth. But she was strong willed. She bit her lip. She suddenly felt embarrassed of her scar and pulled her mask back on, being in this place was doing strange things to her.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

Regenard's Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 5:04 pm

"You're a bad liar too, girl," he said, and gazed back outside. He was effectively surrounded. He'd need to watch his back and his front, because as far as he knew, the man outside could be after him as well. He shouted to the figure in the distance.
"Go. I don't want to kill anymore tonight. There is no place for you here."
He then turned to the girl and stared for awhile.
"You didn't need to put it back on. The air is clean here. I'm not taking my mask off, though. It's better I don't have a face," he said. He crawled past her and shot her a glance, and picked up both his blade and hers. "It's a frail knife, miss. Couldn't kill any Agency members with this thing. They're your biggest threat out here, aside from your own head."
He sat with his rifle in his lap, the torn and bloody bow tied to the barrel blowing slightly. He held the girl's blade in his hand and tossed it around. He was waiting for one of them- the man outside or the girl in his tent- to make a move.
Back to top Go down
RainbowMustaches

Regenard's Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 5:08 pm

Ohanzee frowned, yelling greatly hurt his voice, but he wanted to respond to the man. When he noticed the man tossing a knife back and forth, not looking at him any longer, he began to quietly get closer to the tent. He didn't intend to harm anyone or stay there, but he could only hope the man would understand that.
Back to top Go down
CaptainLu

Regenard's Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 5:13 pm

"No, It's not that" Gaia said softly. "I just don't like my scar showing off" she sighed. "I don't care if it's frail, I want it back. I won't hurt you" I'm too weak for that. "I want to see your face" she said lightly. "I'm as curious as a cat" she giggled, her playful mood returning. She was going to keep her mask on, something about that man made her more nervous than usual. "Can I please have my knife?'". She knew the man thought her stupid, so she didn't think they'd end up being friends too easily. but she wanted to make it happen. She tackled him playful and attempted to grab her dagger. She knew the man would take her playful move as an attack, So she braced herself for the pain he was to bring upon her. She looked at his eyes. They were beautiful and hypnotic. "Who are you!?" she said a bit louder than intended and blushed faintly. This was going to take a turn for the worse if she didn't get off of him, she feared the man, his eyes gave off a large amount of hate and here she was, pinning him down to get a worthless dagger. "This should be fun" she said aloud
Back to top Go down
RainbowMustaches

Regenard's Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 5:55 pm

Ohanzee was now only about ten feet away from the tent and watched as a woman in the tent tackled the man. He assumed by her facial expression when doing so that it was a playful tackle. He saw her look at the mans eyes and loudly exclaim "Who are you!?" The woman looked mesmerized. "Surely his eyes can't be that beautiful..." he thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

Regenard's Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 8:35 pm

Regenard shoved the woman aside.
"I am someone that you would be wise to leave alone," he said, standing up, staring down at her. "People like you have no place out here. It's dangerous. Go home, or I'll kill you."
He picked up his rifle and her dagger. He tossed the dagger outside, and it found its place sticking in the ground outside. He walked out of the tent, and now stood straight up, pointing his rifle at the man who was now no more than twelve feet away.
"I said leave," he said.
Back to top Go down
RainbowMustaches

Regenard's Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 8:53 pm

Ohanzee tilted his head to right, he was interested more now than ever.

"I merely walked closer to actually be able to talk. I WAS going to leave, but now I don't know..." he knew he probably shouldn't be getting cocky, but he couldn't help it, it was in his nature. He was still nervous, but nervousness only fuels his attitude. He felt like an idiot, a man was pointing a rifle at him twelve feet away and he was getting cocky.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

Regenard's Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 8:57 pm

The wind blew heavily, voices echoing in Regenard's head again. Voices he couldn't understand. Voices of the dead.
Regenard's coat blew behind him. The bow on the front of his rifle almost blew away, so he grabbed at it and tightened the knot quickly. He had completely disregarded the woman in his tent and he looked towards the man before him. With one hand he held the rifle, finger on the trigger, and with the other he reached into his pocket and grabbed his knife.
"I'm warning you. People disappear out here. I'm not afraid to kill, I do it every day. I just hold nothing against wanderers, which is the only reason you're still alive," he said, aiming directly at the man's head.
Back to top Go down
CaptainLu

Regenard's Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 9:03 pm

Gaia still didn't want to leave. She sat down and sighed, rubbing her arm
She was afraid for the man outside but she soon found that she was very tired. Her eyelids felt heavier than ever as she curled up far away from the man's stuff. She felt drowsy and she needed sleep. Gaia quickly sat up. "I can't sleep here" she whispered to herself. She wanted to stay oh so badly. There was so many things about the man she wanted to learn. Maybe she could at least stay one night. She grabbed a knife that the man had left laying around and stuck her head outside of the tent, throwing at the man who was currently held at gun point by the man who wanted her dead. The knife scrapped his arm and flew into the tree behind him as she had intended. She felt like she was being helpful. She knew she wasn't though, the man she cut would be fine, the knife barely scratched him. Gaia hid herself in the man's bedroll, she was afraid that he'd hurt her for this, infact she knew he'd yell. But she just wanted to learn more about him. That mask had to come off. She crawled out of the blankets and sat criss-cross in the middle of the tent. This was going to be a long night.
Back to top Go down
RainbowMustaches

Regenard's Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 9:08 pm

Ohanzee saw the man grab a knife, so he instinctively reached his hand into his pocket and wrapped his fingers around his knife. When the woman threw the knife, barely scraping his arm, he acknowledged it, but didn't take focus off the man.

"I am fully aware of people disappearing out here," he countered, "And quite frankly sir, I'm not afraid to kill either." he kept his focus on the man, registering every little movement, every breath the man took, every twitch and possible muscle movement a human could register, waiting to see if the man would make a move to end Ohanzee's life.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonMadcap

Regenard's Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 9:12 pm

Regenard smiled beneath his mask.
"Do you hear them too, then?" he asked, staring at the man, now ignoring the woman behind him. He shot another bolt at the man's feet.
"Killing is my business. It's all I know now. You've got nothing against me, I've got nothing against you. I just want to be left alone," he said, gun still pointed at the man's head, knife at the ready.
The man was young. Only a child. Not much younger than Regenard was when he'd left home.
"Be careful where your life goes, child. Don't want to end up like me."
Back to top Go down
RainbowMustaches

Regenard's Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 9:29 pm

Ohanzee went to nod when the man asked the question, but was startled by the shot at his feet. Ohanzee was intrigued by the man, there were many mysterious qualities about him, the un-needed mask, the defensiveness...

"Since you have nothing against me, why do you have your weapons both ready to strike at your call?" Ohanzee challenged. This man knew nothing about him, but he knew nothing about the man. He wasn't quite sure why the man said the last sentence to him, but he was now determined to find out.
Back to top Go down
CaptainLu

Regenard's Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 9:31 pm

Gaia frowned, if she said anything about how she wasn't afraid to kill, they'd tell her to hush and clean something. She found the disappearances interesting. The thought of death fascinated her to a point which may have been healthy but it's not like she'd have sex with a body. Her clothing was stained and ripped, Maybe the man would let her borrow something. She didn't want to dig through anything, but her clothes were caked with mud, blood and other things that just couldn't seem to be washed away. She pulled them off and tossed them outside. She quickly grabbed the man's blanket and pulled it over her. She squeaked, immediately regretting her decision to strip. She wind howled and she heard a piercing voice. It freaked her out but she wasn't going to leave the tent. "S-Sir...?" She said softly, knowing he had lost interest in her, "May I borrow something to wear?" She was being rude. She could have tolerated her old clothes and now she was going to take from this man. Suddenly Gaia had a piercing a headache and wanted to slaughter both of the men outside
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Regenard's Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regenard's Camp   Regenard's Camp I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regenard's Camp
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Journals of The Wastes :: The Wastes :: The Buffer Fields-
Jump to: