Journals of The Wastes

Share your encounters and experiences of The Wastes here, for others to read.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Trade Road

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: Trade Road   Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:47 pm

In the centre of D'loul is a trading market, where the hustle and bustle never sleeps. This area is constantly crowded, and news spreads quick of deals or events. This area is far from any schools or other buildings; only small, temporary shops, tents and peddlers on carts. Fabrics, food, water, ingredients, shoes, and anything else one can think of is offered here for a fair trade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-wastes.forumotion.com
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trade Road   Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:57 pm

"Accepted," the dark-skinned lady groaned, and Izanami quickly swiped the rabbits' feet she held in front of her. Dropping the dried herbs in the woman's hands, she turned on her heels quickly and let the flow of people steal her away. Ellia was clearly not happy with the trade today, but Izanami was running tight. Jurou had been demanding more in exchange for his water, and she had given him anything he asked for. She couldn't put her foot down; not to the boy that had taken her under his wing in the Dalet's shelter, nor to the young man that had offered his home when she had no other place to go. Stowing the rabbits' feet in the olive-green satchel, the strap on her left shoulder but the pack on her right by her hand, she continued on, looking for a trader that would be willing to trade for water, but Izanami knew that she would have no such luck. Water was precious in these years. If you could find water without radiation or creatures in it, you were in the top ten percent of the Wastes. Izanami approached another tent where she usually purchased exotic flowers for her spells, and she sat criss-crossed across from an elderly Native American man. Although his eye sight was nearly gone, he knew exactly who it was.
Back to top Go down
Izanami
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trade Road   Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:14 am

"Today is a gold piece."
"You want a piece of gold?!"
"I said that, yes."
"Forget it, Dal." Izanami stood hurriedly. "I don't have that. I don't need your cleansing anyways. I'm safe, and the bad things I do don't matter. There is no God anyways."
She brushed off her leggings and marched angrily against the flow of traders, shoving her own path through them. Angry eyes and murmured comments did not distract her as she crossed through town now, passing school children and men busy to their jobs and Dalets scrambling to their posts. Yesterday, he had only wanted salted meat, and now he walked a piece of gold? And how big?
"I don't need your stupid God or His safety," she huffed, crossing the border to the Buffer Fields.

EXIT D'LOUL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trade Road   

Back to top Go down

Trade Road
Page 1 of 1